Saturday, August 28, 2010

Look who's 5 months old!

My baby boy turned 5 months old this week! As always, my question is: HOW DID THIS HAPPEN???!!! I feel like his babyhood is literally flying by me!! Love him more each day. I was going to put him in some new clothing after being at the sitter's all day, but then decided no, this is exactly how I picture him at 5 months: soaking wet shirt from his drool, too-short-shorts on his chubby thighs. :) So here he is:
Holden was helping me make him smile. He adores his big brother!

I could eat him with a spoon!

Right after this picture he burst into tears because I said "Peek-a-boo" a little too loudly and scared the life out of him. So dramatic!

Hanging out on his tummy is a common scene these days. He can roll all the way back and forth now, but sometimes seems to forget that he can! Ha! He will enjoy some tummy time and then get mad and start making whining noises and his pterodactyl screams until I flip him. He does sleep without his sleep positioner now, and often ends up on his belly. Because of the huge amount of drool, he wakes up with bright red, chapped cheeks. I have been using lots of Aquaphor on them but I do think he looks cute when they are rosy. :)

I think the flash was a little startling! Lol! He loves grabbing his feet now and is starting to manage to get them into his mouth.

Holden wanted to get in on the photo shoot. Hunter wasn't feeling it anymore. Yes-they are close in size now. When we stand Hunter next to Holden, he is up to his shoulders!!! Crazy!!!

One of my favorite times of day is bathtime with the two of them. I just love watching them interact together! There is a strategically placed washcloth on Hunter since he likes to sit spread eagle. :)

At 5 months, Hunter is a laughing, grinning, screaming (when mad or happy; the boy is LOUD!), drooling, spitting, bubble-blowing, eating machine of a baby. He is close to sitting on his own but too wobbly yet; enjoys the exersaucer and Bumbo seat for practice. He is eating three meals of baby food a day; one large jar and a 4 oz. bottle at each meal, and usually a 6 oz. bottle in the afternoon between lunch and dinner. Healthy boy! Still getting up twice a night...grr! Once around 11:30 and then again around 3:30. He guzzles them and then goes back to sleep, so I do feel that he still needs them. Now that I am back at school, Jay is taking one feeding and I do the other, so it's not too bad. I know this time is brief and that I will miss rocking with him and listening to his little "mmm's" as he drinks. He is in size 4 diapers, and they are starting to get tight. He SHOULD be in 9 mo. clothing but I often squeeze him into 6 mos. since he has outgrown Holden's seasons and I don't want to buy a bunch of summer clothes with fall so close. :) He loves music, people, being outside, and anything to do with his big brother. I have given up on a paci; he wants nothing to do with it and prefers his fingers, which are always in his mouth. At least he always has those handy! :) We love you so much, Hunter!

3 comments:

Love, Laughter, Joy and Everything In Between said...

Love it, Katie! And you're right, the drool shirt is exactly how a 5 month old is - Why change a good thing!

Steph said...

SO cute!!!!!!! It really does go by way too fast. I swear, Ava was just 5 months old yesterday and I was saying the same thing about her not sleeping through the night. hehe! =) What sweet boys!

The Moser Fam... said...

Hunter is very, very cute! I can't believe he is 5 months old already. It will be no time and I'll be posting about Andy at 5 mths....crazy! Hope school is going well!!