Sunday, August 22, 2010

A visit from Aunt Steph and Granny's 80th bday!

Aunt Steph, my mom's sister, visits once a summer from Austin, TX. She is a preschool teacher there, so her trip falls before the back to school rush. This year, her trip also was timed to coincide with my Granny's 80th birthday. She came to watch Holden's final fun run with us. This was the first time she met Hunter, too. I tried to get some pictures of her holding him, but either he had his eyes closed, or she did. :)


Holden earned a trophy for completing his final night. He was so proud of it! We were laughing at the fact that they gave little kids these sharp, pointy trophies. You can't tell in the picture, but it had stars on it or something that poked out at the edge. A recipe for disaster!


Group picture. CRACKING UP at Holden! He thinks he's Rocky or something. Too funny!

The next day was Granny's 80th bday. We celebrated in Peoria at Jonah's restaurant. Yummy! Memaw watched the boys for us so that Jay and I could actually enjoy the meal. :) Here's my sweet Granny with her cake.

And here's everyone else! My parents, Jay, and I; my Aunt Barb (Mom's brother's wife) with the camera, my Uncle Mark, Aunt Steph, and Mark's son, Joe, a picture of Granny with her three children, and an attempted shot of my cousin, Leslie (Mark's daughter), and her 3 year old, Aidan. He was being a little camera shy and we were trying like crazy to get him to look at me! The kid is like a little adult. Jay and I are in awe of how he will go to a restaurant and just sit there quietly, munching his food, and looking around for 2 hours. NOT our boys!


I did finally get some pictures of him enjoying the cake. It was so good! Granny liked all of her gifts and reading her cards. It was a nice get together.

The whole group! I am very impressed that the waiter got us all! Happy birthday, Granny!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The Stille's said...

Love holden being Rocky...cracks me up. I also love that you call your granny...granny too cute