Sunday, October 17, 2010

Another year older

I turned 31 on the 13th. Sigh. I still feel like I can't be a day over 25! Well, except that I look older...and can't eat what I want without it showing now...and I have a few more bags under the eyes due to lack of sleep...but I do have to say that I have never been happier with my life, so I wouldn't rewind. :) Love my little family. We went to Chili's for dinner with my parents, Tami, and Aunt Allie. I picked Chili's because it is LOUD there so it doesn't matter if the boys are loud, too. I had a yummy dinner and got some really nice gifts. It was great having the most special pepole in my life with me.

This picture just made me laugh. My dad was taking candid shots.

Mr. Hunter had quite the eventful evening. I had him in his seat in one of those sling things that the restaurants offer to set them in. I was talking to Jay and heard my mom and dad both scream (literally!) and turned my head in time to see the sling tipping backwards and his seat about to plummet to the floor. Mercifully, a waitress happened to be there at exactly that moment (thank you, God!) and grabbed him. My heart pounds just thinking about it. Apparently he was kicking his little legs, and pushed off the table hard enough to tip the seat over. After that, he went between my mom and Tami pushed up against the wall. Here he is eating mashed potatoes. He started to get crabby midway through the meal, so Tami let him try some. Every time he'd start to fuss, she'd shove another spoonful in and he would just sit there with the below expression and smack his lips for about 5 minutes.

Holden is always great at helping to open gifts. He also made sure to tell me what my gifts were before I opened them! "You're getting a watch, Mommy!" Ha! Gotta love kids and their honesty. I love how he is holding up my new shirt...just like I do when I model something new. :)

We ended the evening with cake at our house. Holden of course helped me blow the candles out. Hunter watched everything with a confused look. Next year he'll be able to help us eat some.
Thanks, everyone, for making my bday special! I also had a great girl's night out on Thursday with Annie, Steph, Bridget, Kara, and Kim. We went to Outback Steakhouse and then to the movie, "Life As We Know It." (Super cute!) I wish I would have thought to get a picture of all of us. LOVE my girl's nights! So vital for my sanity. :)

No comments: