Saturday, October 9, 2010

Rader's Pumpkin Patch

Besides Christmas, fall is my most favorite time of the year. Rader's pumpkin patch is just down the road from us. All year when we take the "back way" to get to places around town, and we pass the farm with the big pumpkin-topped silo, Holden and I both look wistfully at it, and he always says, "Mommy, how long until the pumpkin patch is ready?" I was so excited last week to be able to tell him, "The pumpkin patch is READY!" We have already visited several times, as you may notice by the different outifts the boys are wearing in some of the pics. :) Some days it has been cold enough for winter hats and coats, and others we have been hot. The boys haven't minded and have fun every time we go. Holden is big enough to do everything there this year, and Hunter just loves to watch everyone and try to put things in his mouth.



Papa and Grammy joined us after church on our first trip of the season.



Holden helping Cousin Kyle "drive" on the barrel train. We met up with Memaw and Aunt Allie, who were watching Kyle for the afternoon. Holden did a great job making sure he didn't climb out of the seat. :) I thought they looked cute in their matching red hoods.



My sweet little punkin' amidst the pumpkins.



This one is my favorite.


Holden is a busy boy out there! There are so many fun things to do at the farm.



My big punkin'!



The boys were watching the people down below us, but this was the best one out of the three we took. :) Might I add Holden and I had hay all over us for the rest of the day after climbing up the haystack.



The amount of pictures that I take of my baby is a little ridiculous. I know a lot of people say that the second babies get less camera time, but not the case with Hunter. I think I may actually take MORE of him than I did of Holden (and I took oodles of Holden!) because I know how quickly the baby days fly by. He is just such a smiley baby; all I have to do is look at him and I get a big grin.


Holden is extremely hard to catch sitting still these days. He is one busy 3 year old! He loves two of the new features at Rader's this year: a big dirt mound with a giant tunnel to slide down, and "the giant pillow," which is a big trampoline of sorts. He convinced me to join him on that one and it was quite the adventure. We haven't picked out our pumpkins yet, but he had fun walking through the patch and scoping out which ones he might choose.



This year Holden hit the 3 foot mark!



Hunter (with some assistance from Grammy) is right at the 2 foot mark.



Out of about 25 takes, this is the closest I got of the two of them looking anywhere in my vicinity. Mission: Impossible!!! There was just WAY too much going on around them.


This one cracks me up.



The boys love their Aunt Allie!


Just some scenery shots. If you look closely at the big pig, you'll see he had a friend of a different animal variety hiding behind him. :)

Jay is the best Daddy! The boys have so much fun with him.


Daddy doesn't mind getting dirty.


Scarecrows


On the hayrack ride with Grammy and Papa. The sky was like a postcard that day; so blue with the fluffiest clouds.


We are getting family pictures/Hunter's 6 month shots done by Lori tomorrow at the pumpkin patch. Hoping they turn out well! I had to completely change what we were all going to wear because it is supposed to be in the 80's! Indian summer has arrived.

No comments: