Saturday, October 23, 2010

Haunted Trail 2010


It's costume time again! Holden couldn't wait to get his Spiderman costume this year! He was very decisive about who he wanted to be, and didn't waver, even in the costume store amidst all of the different choices. A loyal fan. :) I thought Hunter could go as a spider to keep with the theme. For one thing, he is WAY too big to fit into the Tootsie Roll costume that Holden wore at his age. And then my friend, Annie, found this costume for $3.50 at the Goodwill! I washed it up and I think he is adorable in it. Here are my little trick-or-treaters together.




We visited the non-scary Haunted Trail (there is a scary version next weekend for those that are not faint of heart) last year for the first time and loved it. I hope to make it a tradition each year. We were sad Daddy couldn't join us this time because he was busy logging evidence for a burglary. But Grammy and Papa came along, and we saw lots of friends that we knew. Holden ditched his mask pretty quickly because he couldn't see out of it at all. I love the little muscles on his costume! Crack me up! Hunter did NOT appreciate his costume very much. It was pretty puffy, and kept getting up near his mouth. I made him suffer through it and he is laid back enough that he was still pretty happy. Every now and then he'd let out a little whien to remind us he wasn't happy about it. He did like chewing on the spider legs. :)



LOVE this picture of all of us! Thanks, Stephanie and Travis, for taking it and making the boys smile! :)



Stephanie, Travis, and adorable Ava joined us on the trail. Ava was in her Tinkerbell costume. (I am told she has another costume for their Halloween party next weekend!) Holden was excited to see her. Love the picture of both of them in the strollers. Hunter wanted out, so Holden decided to warm it up for him while we waited in line. It was a beautiful night, so the line was LOOONG. I am told some people didn't make it in because they filled to capacity. Glad we got there early!


Holden was also thrilled to see his friend from church, Gabrielle. Isn't she beautiful?! She was Alice in Wonderland and her baby sister (not pictured) was the white rabbit. :)



Before entering the trail, the kids all got light-up necklaces.



Some pictures on the trail. There are all kinds of characters, fun and spooky music, and things that light up. Holden was the perfect age this year and loved telling everyone "Happy Halloween!" I wonder what in the world Hunter was thinking. He just looked around with big eyes and held onto my dad. :)


Hunter fell asleep on Papa midway down the trail. There was loud music playing, people being noisy, bright strobe lights, etc. This baby can sleep anywhere!

My little ladies' man with a group of characters.




Ava's eyes were as round as saucers, but I think she enjoyed herself. She never cried or freaked out. Isn't she adorable?!




My little muscle man with part of his face paint done. At the end of the trail are treats, a puppet show, face painting, and hot chocolate.



Holden and Gabrielle waiting to have their faces finished.



We love the "zoo lady!" She is awesome and does the best face paint ever.



Gabrielle and Holden with their finished faces. How cute are they?! Love how G. is posing.



Love him!


Funny story about this last one: when we were in line, Holden kept telling Stephanie and Travis about "the digger" on the trial. I just kinda rolled my eyes behind him and mouthed, "There is no digger." He is obsessed with diggers I figured he made it up. At the end of the trail, we go into a building to get hot chocolate and wait for the shuttle to take us back to our cars. This building is also a warehouse for parks and rec, apparently. As we walk in, Holden announced, "Yep! There's that digger, Mommy! You didn't 'member it, did you?" Sure enough, there it was. He remembered that from last year when he was just 2. And we were in the building for probably 5 minutes last year. OBSESSED is the word! I couldn't believe it. I told him I wanted a picture of him by it and at this point he was done with my camera, as you can see. He does have the whole pout thing down pat. :)



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Steph said...

So cute! Glad we were able to go! It was definitely a GREAT night!