Sunday, October 31, 2010

Pumpkin Carving

This is going to be one of several Halloween posts that I hope to get done before Thanksgiving. :) And yes, I am posting it at almost 11:30 at night; the ONLY time I have uninterupted. We have had such a fun week of Halloween activities! I took Holden back to Rader's for one last evening of fun at the pumpkin patch so that he could pick out our pumpkins. It was fun to go on a date with my 3 year old. I didn't even take any pics (okay, a couple on my phone, but not on my camera!) because I was having so much fun with him. When we got home, it was carving time.
This year was a big improvement; he actually scooped out some of the pumpkin! Albeit with a spoon and without touching any of the goop with his hands, but considering we started at age 1 with him screaming, crying, and running to get the cleaning supplies from under the sink, I'll take it. :)

We carved one pumpkin into a "happy face" at Holden's request, and used some cute potato head pirate pieces from Memaw on the other one. They are no masterpieces, but they met Holden's approval.



A couple video clips of the action. In the second one, you can see that Jay let Holden choose where the "tater head" pieces should go. It actually turned out pretty cute. And I applaud Jay for being kid-friendly. The teacher in me wanted it to look just like the package, but I realize that it is more important for Holden to be a part of the process. :)









Finally, some pics of my littlest punkin'. He was already in bed during the pumpkin carving activites. So we had a photo op the next day with one of the baby pumpkins Holden picked for him. He loves sweet potato and pumpkin flavored baby foods...not sure this had the same taste but he sure tried it. :)


Posted by Picasa

No comments: