Saturday, January 22, 2011

Big Boy Haircut, Swimming, and Gymnastics


We've tried to "spice up" the wintertime blues with a few changes recently! :)

Hunter was BADLY in need of a haircut...I had started to call him "Donald Trump" baby because of the amount of hair and how he had a big "v" shape that came forward into his eyes if I didn't swipe it over to the side. I hated to cut it before he turned one because I knew he'd look older. But when it also started curling out in "wings" behind his ears, I knew the time had come. Holden and I took him to Cookie Cutters so he could sit in the little red car. He did a great job and was very passive; just looked around at everybody like, "what are we doing here?" The beautician (yes, she has a tattoo on her neck; a little rough around the edges but she was really nice) and I were cracking up because he kept chewing on the apron and getting hair all over his mouth and face. Yuck!


I am noticing in these pics how rosy his cheeks were that night. :) It is SO COLD in Illinois right now! This weekend the HIGH was 11, with a windchill of -25. His little cheeks get so chapped between his drool and the cold, dry air. I can't keep enough Vaseline or Aquaphor on them.




Here is the "after"shot. He looks like such a little man!


Profile shot! Jay was making fun of me for taking this.



I am ONLY posting these because it was Hunter's first time in the baby pool at 4 Seasons, and they are cute of the boys. White as a ghost Mommy + extra winter pounds due to my love of holiday food = SCARY!!! And man, do I need to touch up my roots. But we had a great time at the pool regardless. I'm glad my boys love me just the way I am! ;) I had Dr. MLK Day off so we went to Holden's swim lessons as a family and then enjoyed pretending we were in the tropics.
The baby pool felt like bath water. Hunter was splashing up a storm (which is why he is blinking in the picture below) and at times would have jumped out of my hands if I would have let him. Definitely going to be my daredevil.




Holden has started a new gymnastics class at The Jump Spot with his buddy, Cade. He is really enjoying it and looks forward to it each Monday night. It's a great way to get some of his surplus energy out! Holden is often very cautious, much like I was as a child, but I am glad to see that it doesn't seem to affect him on the gymnastics floor. He even loves to do flips on the bars (with help) and forward rolls, which scared me to death when I was little. It's fun to watch him.


Holden and Cade

(with Colin's head in front of them! Ha!)

The instructor asked on day one if they friends after observing the group for about 10 minutes. They have been placed in separate circuits for small group time ever since. The dynamic duo! :)

During gymnastics last week, Jay and Colin hung out and built a block tower. I don't know who was happier that they had the other to play with. ;)


Finally, a picture of Holden and Mrs. Ringer, his Kindermusik teacher. He had to make the decision between continuing Kindermusik in the spring or taking gymnastics. It was a hard choice for him because he really enjoys both. Mrs. Ringer is wonderful, and he loves her. She is the sweetest lady and truly loves the kids that she works with. One day, she even saw on facebook that Jay was sick and I had to work, and offered to come to our house and watch the boys for the day! We would not ask someone outside of family do that, but it's just an example of what a genuine person she is. We will really miss her! It was actually Holden's idea to get a picture with her. I must be rubbing off on him! :)


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Love, Laughter, Joy and Everything In Between said...

Katie, I thought you looked great in the pool. In all your pictures you just look like a happy mom, delighted with your two boys.

Steph said...

I agree with Amy! You wouldn't even see me in the pool! LOL!
Love the pic of Cade and Holden. And we are super excited to start Kindermusik!!! =)

The Stille's said...

love the hair cut he looks so grown up.