Thursday, January 15, 2009

Random pictures and Props to Old Navy!

I generally use Picasa to make my picture collages, but it didn't want to work on my computer today, so we'll just do it the old-fashioned way. =o) I have been off school the past two days due to snow and subzero temperatures. That means a LOT of indoor time with Holden! While I love being home with my little boy, he and I are both people who like to get out and do things, and I think we're both going a little stir crazy!
Yesterday I was on the phone with Bridget and look over to see him doing this:
(Note the crashed airplane on top of the bridge. Nice touch.)

I guess he couldn't get to everything he wanted on his train table, so he decided he needed to sit in the middle of it!? Good thing he's a light weight! He reminded me a little of Godzilla.

He is starting to (at times...when he wants to...on his terms!!) look at the camera and say, "CHEESE!" He does it really quickly though, so I have to be ready to snap the picture!

I love how concentrated he is here. He was trying to make his crane pick up some new pieces off the barge.

Yep, he decided he needed to lay down in the middle of the table. And he thought is was hysterically funny. Here is he is chuckling to himself. Yes, those are his beloved crocs that he thought made a great addition to the other pieces. You know, the ones that are actually supposed to be on the table. What a goofball!

I asked him to point out the snow for me, so he climbed up in the window (where he is not supposed to go) and when I told him to get down, he frowned at me and said, "SNOW!" His tone said, "You dummy, you TOLD me to point it out!"

Finally, this is totally unrelated, except for the fact that I mentioned we have cabin fever, so today we bundled up and ventured out to the mall. I know I am crazy, people. But it was SO NICE to get out! And since most people AREN'T crazy, and stayed home on a day when school was out due to how cold it was, we got a front row parking spot and Holden was only exposed to the -20 degree weather for about 5 seconds. Anyway, I just have to give some props to Old Navy! All moms of little boys out there will know what a big deal it was that I found not one, not two, but FIVE outfit selections made for boys for Valentine's Day!!!! Let me tell you, moms of girls, you have no idea how hard it is to find cute NON-girly holiday outfits. They come in a plethora of choices for little girls. As someone who loves dressing her little boy and loves holidays, it is very frustrating. So imagine how excited I was to walk into Old Navy and see adorable shirts/outfits like THIS:
I can't wait to see his skinny little body in this on Feb. 14th. How cute! And comfy! And cheap!! (It was $9.50).

Here is a close up of the little monster and sayings. I know I am such a fruitcake to post pictures of an outfit without my child in it. But he is napping and I am so happy with my find! It's the little things, really! If you look closely, you can see that it says "Mommy's love monster."

2 comments:

The Moser Fam... said...

Cute pictures of Holden on the train table! :) Ben has been playing with his train table all day! I was laughing so hard at your comments about holiday clothes...you are so funny. I don't think I have EVER purchased a holiday themed clothing item...but the monster outfit is pretty cute, if I do say so myself! :) Can't wait to see him in it!

the cunningham family said...

You crack me up! Glad Holden is enjoying his train table and having lots of fun while being cooped up in the house. I have got to get out of mine!! The outfit is cute, I might have to stop by Old Navy when we venture out of the house today...if for nothing else, my sanity!