Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Black Friday!

Call me crazy, but I just couldn't sit home on Black Friday, even though I have two very young boys. Jay was working, but Holden really wanted to see Santa. And Hunter told me he wanted to "shop 'till he dropped." Okay, maybe I made that last part up. But he was acting bored sitting around the house chewing on the same old toys. So I dressed them in their matching green reindeer shirts (because I'm cheesy like that) and off we went!
Holden was THRILLED with all of the Christmas decorations up. If it were just him and me, we could have shopped all day. Hunter enjoys people watching and was tolerant until nap time. :) Here they are in front of the Christmas shop that comes once a year to Eastland Mall. Holden loves the snowmen roasting marshmallows in the window! Can you see the pure glee on his face? Ahh, the boy is truly a child after my own heart.

My sweet little second-born. He is such a "go-with-the-flow" baby. Thank goodness!

Nothing says Black Friday like a good Christmas cookie loaded with green and red frosting! We ran into Memaw and Aunt Allie at the mall and this is courtesy of them. At least it matched his shirt.

We can't have a mall trip without riding the trucks and trains that they set out as total money suckers in front of the Kohl's dept. I always keep change in the diaper bag for this reason. Holden used to be fine with just sitting on them. Now he is much more wise to the world and that doesn't fly! This was Hunter's first time riding the choo-choo with his big brother. They enjoyed it until Holden said that Hunter was "squishing him." Start eating at mealtimes, buddy, because he's going to weigh more than you soon!

I LOVE how our Santa picture turned out! I was so amazed, because Hunter fell asleep on my shoulder in the line and I had to wake him up. I thought he'd be a total grump, but he looked up at Santa and started laughing and squealing! He was delighted with him. Who would have known? Holden loves Santa and hopped right up on his lap to tell him he wanted a train. (We have a train table and a Geo-tracks train. REALLY?? Of all things??? It is the one consistent thing he has said to Santa all 3 times we have seen him. Guess we'll be graced with another train...) Everyone keeps commenting that Santa looks crabby; I think he looks like he is amused and winking?! What do you think?
Besides plunking down 35 dollars for the Santa picture package (total rip-off but I am a total sucker!) and 20 dollars for our lunch at the food court, I didn't spend a dime on any type of presents. Quite different from my pre-children Black Friday experience! I found quite a few deals at Kohl's but realized the line wrapped 3 times around the store and decided it wasn't worth it. It was fun hanging out with my boys and being part of the hustle and bustle of the holiday season regardless.

2 comments:

Steph said...

Love it! The Santa pic is hilarious! Not sure what I think! LOL! The boys are too cute!

The Moser Fam... said...

You are crazy! :) I kind of secretly like the hustle and bustle too! I didn't make it out on black Friday until about 9 pm and I went to Target...alone...everyone else in my house was sleeping. :) I think Santa looks like a grump in that picture too, but your boys sure do look cute!! Oh..and someone asked Ben what he wanted from Santa and he said a train too. What the heck? I told him Santa will have to bring him something he doesn't already own! :)