Saturday, December 11, 2010

The rest of Thanksgiving weekend (aka longest blog post ever)

We had such a fun, relaxing, four day weekend following Thanksgiving. Hung out with friends and family, did some shopping, got the tree up, decorated the house, watched Christmas movies, and ATE. I feel like all I did was eat the whole weekend! I really enjoyed my time off with the boys. It just gave me that taste for the long Christmas break coming up soon! :)
On Saturday we went to Chuck E. Cheese with Grammy and Papa. We were hoping Uncle Eric would join us since he was home, but he was recovering from a late night out with friends. Such a bachelor. :) We like to get there at 9:00 when it opens because a) nobody is there, and b) they test the machines so they all spit out tickets, which my dad runs around and grabs for Holden. We hadn't been in awhile, and they've redone the inside layout and added lots of new games. We had a fun time followed by pizza lunch at the ripe old hour of 10:00. Nothing says you have small children and are up at the crack of dawn like pizza at 10:00.

Hunter wasn't sure about Barney...

Love my boys!

Hunter was really into all the lights, sounds, and motions. (This was the one and only time he wore this cute hand-me-down outfit from Holden since it was "waitin' for a flood!" Ha!)

Holden made sure Papa was kept busy.

I realized later in the day that Holden turned 8 mos. old that day! Here are the chair/rug shots. I had to enlist Holden's help with the baseball mitt chair.

Hunter WOULD NOT hold still and sit up for these pics! I have about 20 shots similar to the one below. Yes, that is his sock in his mouth. Nice. Holden attempted to model the proper way to sit for him. Lol!

The two boys in Holden's bed together. Crack me up at their antics! Especially the one where Hunter is trying to eat Holden's head.

Sat. night we met up with cousin Chelsey (in red) and our neighbors, Josh, Kate, and Hannah, plus Memaw and Pepaw, to watch "Tangled." It was SO cute! Holden and I both loved it! Thanks, Daddy, for staying home with Hunter so we could enjoy it.

On Sunday we went to Lauren's third bday party at 4 Seasons! We had fun seeing Colin, Cade, Natalie, and Ava.

Holden really got into the pinata this year. The kids had fun swimming after the cake and presents. Hunter and I opted to watch since there were plenty of adults in the pool. I did strip him down to a diaper since it's so hot in there. Kim was nice enough to offer to dip him in the water...apparently he was a little cold...his girl-like screams could be heard echoing throughout the room and I quickly pulled him out. Ha! Jay may have an interesting experience soon since he wants to sign them up for the "Mommy and Me" class. Which I love about my hubby!

We spent most of the weekend bumming it in sweats and comfy clothes. Loved it!!!!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: