Sunday, December 12, 2010

Oh the weather outside is frightful...

December hit Illinois with a vengeance, dumping snow on us right away. I, for one, am delighted! I love snow at Christmas time. I think it makes the world look so much prettier. Of course I don't have to shovel so that may add to the charm for me. :) The first night that it snowed, Holden insisted on going out to help Daddy shovel before bed. He was also quite enthralled with eating it off his fingers...

The next day, we had a good coverage and of course I had to take the boys outside in it. It was Hunter's very first snow!

Like most things, he was pretty happy about it.

And his big brother was thrilled!

Mom and I had a women's Christmas breakfast that morning, and Dad was brave enough to man the fort at home with both boys! They helped me get them bundled and take them out before they left. (Probably to take a nap! Ha!)

Good ol' Frosty the lazy snowman is back in our yard this year. He only stands up when we are holding the back of him.

Holden is so much fun to watch in the snow. I loved that the drifts on the side of our driveway are like little mountains for him. I remember those days of being little and the snow feeling like one big adventure.

Sledding down the street with Papa.

My very own Ralphie. He could hardly move in the snowsuit.

Finally, I took these the other morning in the van as we were heading off to the sitter's. I just think they look so gosh-darn cute in their winter get-up! A teacher at work made Hunter's little hat and I love it! Holden has taken to wearing his Santa hat in lieu of the normal winter hat. As I type this, we are being hit with a literal blizzard. Blowing snow at 20-30 mph and temps at 20 below zero. I am doing the snow day dance. (Like a rain dance only with the desired outcome being a day off school.) :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: