Wednesday, December 22, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Christmas time is here! This is just a little of what we have been up to lately:
At the end of November, we went to the Baby Fold's Festival of Trees. It was at a new location this year at the Coliseum. It was fun watching the boys' reactions to everything.
Holden couldn't wait to get a frosted cookie, loved the gingerbread house area (do you see the Cardinals house he spotted?) and enjoyed all the characters that we met along the way.

Hunter spent most of the time chewing on his teether and observing the action from his stroller. He did really enjoy the cotton snow area.

The trees, which are auctioned off and all have special themes, were down on the arena floor. It took us about a half hour to figure out how to get down there with the stroller. :) We finally located a service elevator. It was so pretty with everything all lit up!

The boys got to see Santa. We also remembered the true meaning of the season at the Nativity area. Holden decided to try on the shepherd costume just like last year. :)

Our cousin, Chelsey, had her first band recital! She is playing the trumpet for the Heyworth Hornets. Holden, Memaw, Aunt Allie, and I met up with her mom and grandparents to see her Christmas recital. She did a great job! Holden knew all of the songs she played and enjoyed standing at the railing in the bleachers and singing along.

My boys clean up well! Posing in front of the tree before our church Christmas program. Hunter is wearing the Christmas outfit that Holden wore at age 18 mos!

Our church program includes a catered dinner and then the childrens' program. We were joined by my parents, Memaw, and Aunt Allie.

This year, Holden was old enough to go up and join the "big kids" to sing at the end of the program. He was SO pumped when he found out he got to get up on the stage! It was kind of a last minute decision to let his class do this (as in, we found out that morning!!) so he didn't have a lot of time to practice his two songs, "Up on the Housetop" and "Silent Night." They are two he is not as familiar with yet (we sing a lot of "Jingle Bells" and "Away in a Manger" around here) ;) so I tried to practice with him during the day. At one point, I was singing and doing some motions his Sunday School instructor had showed me, and he raised an eyebrow and said, "Mommy, you do NOT sound like my teachers. I think you better stop because this is not helping me learn." Thanks, buddy!!! I admit to being extremely NON-gifted in the singing dept, but my first-graders still enjoy the songs I do with them at school! Oh, the judgement of your own 3-year-old. Very humbling. He did sing a few words, but mainly stood up there and looked around at everyone like a deer in the headlights. Afterwards he talked about how AWESOME it was, so at least he enjoyed it. And he sure looked cute regardless.
I mentioned in a previous post that Mom and I had our annual women's Christmas breakfast. I look forward to this every year. Mom always treats me. This year the speaker/singer was a Dove award winner. Of course I can't think of her name at the moment! She did a wonderful job. It is nice to go and have fellowship with other women. Always gets me in the Christmas spirit.

We have had nothing but snow, snow, and more snow literally since Dec. started. I can't remember such a snowy Christmas season in quite awhile. I know a lot of people can't stand it, but with two little boys, it is so much fun. I think it makes everything look pretty and clean, and just feels so Christmasy. And again, I am blessed with a hubby who shovels it all so I don't have to, and a garage so that I don't have to scrape my vehicle. I pretty much live in my boots, alternating between brown and black depending on my outfit. Holden LOVES to help Daddy shovel. He recently came up with the idea of using his big tractor as a shovel. It works pretty well! He is so cute bent over, pushing it along with all his might. Hunter loves to watch the action with me from the picture window. He looks so cute amidst my snowmen decorations. :)

Posted by Picasa

No comments: