Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas #2: Bourke Family

My parents came over on the Thursday night before Christmas to exchange gifts. We got yummy Longhorn Smokehouse for dinner and just had a relaxing evening with them. Eric surpised us by showing up earlier than expected from Chicago! We were so happy he was able to be there with us.
Below are the attempted pics of Grammy, Papa, and the boys. I am finding it is much harder to get TWO of them looking/smiling at the same time! All three pictures make me laugh.

Holden was thrilled with his big tractor that makes sounds and lights up, his "Macky Joe truck," (something he and my dad started on our trip to St. Louis last summer; all semi trucks are Macky Joe now) :), his dump truck, and all of the accessories that came with them. He also loved his pitching machine from Uncle Eric, which Eric insisted on setting up right away in our basement and turning on! Eric is well-known for buying loud and obnoxious gifts for the kids. I think it is his mission in life. As a result,I pray daily that he marries and has children so that I can repay his favors. :)

In typical baby fashion, Hunter was far more interested in the wrapping paper, ribbons, bows, and boxes than his presents. He is so funny with the paper because he looks like he is trying to swim in it as he flails his arms and legs. I know he will enjoy playing with his cute little lights and sounds kitchen, and someday he will appreciate his "Baby's First Christmas Keepsake Ornament" as much as I do.

Align Center

Jay and I both got gift cards that we can't wait to use, and also our annual Miller Park Zoo pass, which is such a great gift for our family. We love the zoo! Mom got gift cards to places she wanted to shop, and in true Christmas spirit, Dad got a big collection of war DVD's... :) I also made them a calendar with pictures of the family. Eric got cash, which is his favorite kind of gift. I think Mom and Dad took him to pick some things out at the mall, too. My favorite gift was having my whole family together.

My brother is known for his great cards for all events. He has told me he doesn't wait until the holidays to buy them; he actually picks them up year round as he sees ones that are fitting for people. I always look forward to them. This year he walked in with all of our presents taped with black electrical tape, because that's what he happened to have on hand. I made a whole collage just of funny Eric items and comments. His writing for Hunter also cracked me up.

Hunter was a little crabby as he usually gets in the evenings, but he was thrilled with bath time and made us all laugh with his wild hair. He was also happy anytime Papa was entertaining him. Now that he had his four teeth, he just makes me laugh with his expressions and big grins. He reminds me of some kind of (cute) little animal. Especially with the little gap between his top teeth. Half the time he looks like he just wants to take a bite out of something. Which is probably accurate, as he has more teeth coming in!

Group picture with the timer! We really enjoyed our evening with my family.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

The Moser Fam... said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas! Love your family picture at the end of this post! Oh..and Eric's cards and electrical tape wrapping made me laugh....too funny!

Heather said...

I'm cracking up at this post! Eric's cards and electrical tape...that is hilarious! Love the group photo! :-)

Love, Laughter, Joy and Everything In Between said...

Great pictures, Katie. It looks like you guys had a great Christmas.