Friday, December 3, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010


We had a wonderful, laid-back Thanksgiving with family. This is the second year it has been at our house. I love it; good reason to have a clean house, yummy smells, my boys get their naps in and have their toys close at hand, and people bring the food to us! :)

Holden woke up bright and early this year yelling, "It's GANKSGIVING!!! The BIG PARADE will be on!" (We are working on making the "th" sound.) :) I had told him about the parade and he loved it even more than last year. Watched the entire thing while playing in the living room. It was awesome to have Jay home unexpectedly this year! He was supposed to work, and was able to get off last minute. Since we are all up early around here, we actually all headed to Meijer's to get a fruit tray. We ended up coming home with a cart full of toys for cousins and friends' kids because they had some awesome deals! We got Hunter's stuff done right under the boys' noses. Then Hunter went down for a nap and we had some fun time with Holden. He was happy to have us all to himself. He did a great job helping me decorate the tree!


Three Amigos!

Little Hunter was full of energy on his first Thanksgiving. His two top teeth came in a couple days prior for a total of 4 now. He is sooo close to crawling, and is able to move himself around between rolling and crawling and get into everything he's not supposed to. He has NO interest in any of the cute little baby toys that we have multitudes of. He'd rather attempt to get the remote, my decorations, Holden's small toys with choking hazard pieces, cords, our phones, etc. Stinker! He's my little turkey.


Here's the two boys in action.


I thought Jay and Holden looked so cute looking out the window together...


then Holden realized I was trying to take a picture and decided to do THIS:

Sorry if it offends anyone but I thought it was hilarious! I don't know where he learned this from; we'll blame Daddy.


Speaking of Daddy, he kept busy with the turkey throughout the day, especially when it came time to taste-test it.


Cute baby moments with my almost-crawler:


The relatives started showing up around 4:30. Holden was thrilled to see so many people and kept saying, "all my friends are here!" Grammy, Papa, Uncle Eric, Memaw, Pepaw, Aunt Allie and her boyfriend, Duey, Great Aunt Kate, Cousin Matthew, and Great Grandpa Schulz all graced us with their presence.

Everybody groans when I announce the need for the group picture with the timer! But I always insist. Our little house was busting at the seams! In the second picture, Jay, Holden, and Matthew are mocking my love for decorative stacking boxes. I love them, and collect them for all seasons/holidays. Jay thinks they are the most useless thing ever.


Holden and I did the wishbone and he won! Papa got into Holden's dress-up bin and channeled Black Beard:


One of my favorite memories of the night is watching Holden enjoy "Home Alone" for the first time. He was giggling SO hard during the traps on the bad guys. He had us all laughing just watching him. Too cute! It is one of my all-time favorite holiday movies, and now it is his as well. I can't tell you how many times we have watched it since.


Good food, good family, good memories. Can't wait to do it again next year!

No comments: