Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Hunter's first December

My baby is celebrating his first Christmas! How is he so big already? One of the parents at my school brought her newborn in for our holiday party, and it made me realize just how big Hunter is getting. It is so fun to watch him discover the world around him, especially during the Christmas season. (I have had 5 people now tell me he needs a haircut! We will be taking him sometime over my break. I put it off because he's not even one yet, but the hair is curling around his ears and comes in a big "V" down his forehead and into his eyes if we don't brush it to the side. I don't want him to look like "The Donald!" )

I tried to copy the same pose that I took of Holden at this age (left). I remember the hat being small on Holden, but it literally wouldn't fit Hunter's melon, so I had to perch it on the top of his head. I don't think they look too much alike here, but stay tuned for a comparison shot coming soon of Holden at age 1 and Hunter. Hunter at this moment looks SO much like Holden did at 1. I think it's the teeth, which Hunter has in a lot earlier than Holden did.

Some other Santa hat shots of my second born. I love the expressions he makes. He refused to put down that foam letter "E," which is really a bath tub toy. He loves those letters right now because they are the perfect consistency to chew on.

Love my sweet boy! He is such a snuggler when he is sleepy or feeling shy. These were before nap time. I always know when he is tired because he rubs his eyes and then lays his little head down on my shoulder.

The tree is a big hit with Hunt-man. Or rather, the ornaments are. Holden was all about the lights at this age. I think they were more attainable then because I didn't have a pre-lit tree. Hunter is all about the ornaments, especially the round ones. He isn't quite crawling yet but is super close. He manages to get himself wherever he wants to be. Big trouble for Mommy!

More tree shots in his Christmas jammies. He just had a bath-love the mohawk look!

Window watching is also a big hit this month! Daddy and Holden, the neighbors, the snow...lots of interesting things to see! Jay tried throwing snowballs at the window once but quickly stopped when he saw Hunter's expression. Let's just say it freaked him out! So dramatic!


Posted by Picasa

I like this one with both him and Tiggy in it.

Hunter is Mommy's boy right now, but he loves to rough-house with Daddy. He gets so excited and is a little squirm-ball.

"Helping" Mommy cook.

Love my little snow baby!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: