Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve day was as to be expected in Illinois; cold and snowy. The boys and I went on a little outdoors adventure in the morning to deliver Christmas cards to the neighbors. I bundled them both up and stuck them in our big bike stroller. They thought this was great and giggled half time time we were out. :) I think we should take wintery walks more often; exersize for me and a way to get fresh air and keep my sanity after being cooped up. I put down the mesh screen but snowflakes still filtered in. Holden was trying to catch them on his tongue, and Hunter just squealed and laughed and looked super cute with them decorating his long eyelashes.
My little Santa baby. We did a mini photo shoot with Holden's Santa hat while he was busy shoveling with Daddy after work.



Cannot get enough of his cuteness!

Eating some puffs in his cute sweater. I bought it at Children's Place on clearance last spring while I was still pregnant for $3.00. So glad it fits him!

Family pictures before Christmas Eve church service.

Memaw and Holden had a tickle war before church.

The boys ready for Santa to come in their matching Santa rocket pj's. One of the first things I looked forward to when I found out I was having another boy was being able to dress them in matching outfits for occasions like this. ;)

I made reindeer food with my first-graders and brought a bag home for Holden. After Hunter was in bed, we had fun going out in his pj's and coat to sprinkle it on the snow.

Bedtime/Christmas Eve rituals: reading a bedtime story, ("How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight?"-one of his favorites) setting out cookies and milk for Santa, and watching out the window for Santa's sleigh. At one point Daddy swore he saw reindeer!

No comments: