Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas #1!

I am posting several Christmas get-togethers tonight, so make sure to scroll down and check them all out! Over the past three days we had our first Christmas at Jay's grandparents' house, went to the Polletts for dinner and playtime, and then today I had a girls' lunch and gift exchange at my friend, Susan's house. 'Tis the season to run around town!

Grandma and Grandpa Kerber, Jay's grandparents on his mom's side, had the family over on Saturday night for our Christmas get-together. The family just keeps growing, and it was quite the full house. I tried all night to get a picture of Holden, Jay, and me, but I couldn't get Holden to slow down for a second, so I ended up just getting Jay and me, and a bunch of cute action shots of the little guy.

The younger kids, Morgan, (2), Holden, (21 months), and Emma (1) were in perpetual motion all evening. They were fun to watch and definately loud enough to hear throughout the house! Cousin Chelsey (3rd grade) was a big help with them. She helped open presents, played with them, watched them on the stairs, and was very patient. Thanks for being our helper, Chels! I seem to see a common theme of sippy cups in this collage...
More family pictures! Jay's cousin, Tim, and his wife, Katie, just found out that they are expecting. They surprised Grandma and Grandpa with a card signed from "baby Mann." I love the expression on Grandma's face as she realizes what that means! =o)
Little Emma turned 1 on the 19th, and we celebrated her b-day with a Backyardigans cake and of course more gifts. She definately understood what the cake was for and was not bashful about it! Holden and Morgan tried to blow out the candle for her, and Stinker Pants Holden got several swipes of the frosting as we were singing! He finally made off with one of the Backyardigans pieces and licked every last bit of icing off. Somehow he's not picky with sweets!?
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

The Moser Fam... said...

Wow..you guys have been busy and it's not even Christmas yet! :) Cute pictures! Your girls get together looked fun. I still have presents to buy for Ben from his great-grandmas before Christmas Eve and I'm working all day tomorrow! Why do I procrastinate? :) Well, looking forward to many more Christmas posts of the Hobson fam. :)

the cunningham family said...

I agree...you guys are so busy and it hasn't even been Christmas yet! I don't know how you keep up with all of it...honestly! :) It looks like Holden enjoyed his day and his parents did too! Glad the day went well...how many more do you have to attend?? :)

Steph said...

Ok and I thought I was busy!! :) Holden looked like he enjoyed himself. We leave today, drive 2 hours, drive 2 more tomorrow morning, then home 1 hour, then 2 hours again on Saturday and come home at some point. Sounds fun doesn't it??? :)

Have a great Christmas! Enjoy break!