Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Eve

Hi everyone! I'm back! We had a wonderful Christmas with our families. (Actually more than one, as you can see by all my posts!) Jay took Holden to a hockey game with Pepaw (Jay's dad) tonight, so I was able to steal some time to clean the house and catch up on the blog.

On Christmas Eve, it was great to be able to go to a candlelit service at our church with both of our families. My parents and my brother, Eric, and Jay's parents and his sister, Allison, joined us in celebrating Jesus' birthday. Holden made it through the first song and was ready to go play in the nursery! =o) I was counting my blessings for that when we started lighting the candles. They handed them to us when we walked in, but we didn't light them until towards the end. While waiting for the service to start, Holden had Eric and Jay's (is it a surprise that those are the two that handed them to him??) and he was using them as swords. Lovely. I can't imagine if he would have been around when they were lit. It was a beautiful service and we felt blessed to be together as a family. (Even if it meant going out in -20 degree temperatures!!!)

After the service, Jay, Holden, and I headed to my parents' house for dinner. Mom made a roast, mashed potatoes, fruit salad, and loads of other yummy side dishes and appetizers, plus dessert. It was delicious! (For those of you wondering, Holden ate....drum roll here....crackers and apple slices! Surprise, surprise!) Ha! Then we headed downstairs to open presents. A common theme this year for Holden was vehicles, apparently the louder and more obnoxious, the better. He loved it!!!!!! Our little family was very spoiled this year. Below are a few pictures.


Group shot! Now that he is retired, my dad still enjoys driving his school bus route twice a day. Mom got him a bus ornament and apparently he thought he needed to include it in the picture. He is always doing something goofy!
I finally got my family picture. Of course by now it was way past Holden's bedtime, and he wanted to be playing with his toys. Oh well, at least he's looking at the camera!

Christmas Eve collage. I love the one of Holden and Uncle Eric admiring his new car.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

The Moser Fam... said...

Looks like a fun time with your family! Cute family picture too! :)

the cunningham family said...

Looks like you had a great time with the fam. I bet Holden had so much fun with uncle Eric and everyone else. Isn't amazing how much stuff they get for Christmas? Just wait, it gets worse with two!!
Cute family pic too!