Thursday, December 18, 2008

Sick Day

I am home with the stomach flu, bummed out that I am missing my kids' Christmas party and their program this evening. I am feeling much better today but just very weak; didn't think I could manage a whole day of activities with 25 active first graders! Jay has been wonderful today. He took the day off and took Holden out all morning so I could rest. I have done a little updating on my blog this afternoon since I am going stir crazy! The buttons on the top right are two blogs that I am following. I found MckMama's blog this summer when she was dealing with a complicated pregnancy; her son, Stellan, was predicted not to live once he was born. I am happy to say that through many prayers and God's grace, he is a healthy 7 week old! She has a huge following and her posts can be controversial, but she also has a huge heart (and a hilarious sense of humor!) and I always love checking out her new posts and her awesome pictures of her little ones. The website about baby Kayleigh is a new one that I found through MckMama's site. It absolutely broke my heart and took my breath away with just the opening picture of the wedding band on that tiny little wrist. Her life is really hanging in the balance right now, so I added the button in the hopes that more people would check in and pray! I have also added a new blogger to my list. Adrienne and I have never met in person, but have become friends through the blogging world. We both have adorable (I'm not biased at all!) blond little boys, and while our journeys to motherhood are vastly different, she is someone I really relate to in the daily joys and sorrows of motherhood. Adrienne recently had a failed adoption and I have been so impressed with her incredible grace and faith as she handled it. Lastly, I finally figured out how to add some cute little counters to the bottom of my page that I had wanted to do for awhile. One is counting down until Holden is 2......not so far away! My baby is growing up! The other counts how many hits my blog gets. Although I think a lot of them today are from myself trying to check in and see if I got everything working how I wanted! ;o) I will post new pics of Holden soon from our trip to the hockey game Sat. night with my parents. We had a great time!

PS Heidi and Mark are friends of my friend, Ali. (If you followed that!) =o) They have a very sick baby girl at the moment and could really use your prayers.

To keep updated, please check out their blog... http://dekorne.blogspot.com/2008/12/sad-day.html
Hospital care page... http://www.carepages.com/carepages/Kaiya (you'll have to create an account)

No comments: