Monday, December 22, 2008

Elfsters!

I have a great group of girlfriends that I get together with monthly to watch Grey's Anatomy, talk, eat, laugh, talk, eat, laugh, talk, eat, laugh....do you sense a pattern here?! I have been best friends with Bridget and Kara since Jr. High, and now that they work at the same school together, they have connected me with a whole network of wonderful girls: Susan, Stacy, Lisa, and Heather. There's nothin' like girlfriends! It's nice that we all teach because we just "get" each other. We have started a yearly gift exchange, and this year, Kara found this cool website called "Elfster." It invites everyone to participate, and once we've all accepted, it randomly assigns you someone in secret to shop for! It was really fun because we could make a wish list and ask each other questions, and Elfster kept the names a secret. Today Susan was the "hostess with the mostess," and we got together for lunch and our exchange. As usual, we had a great day together!


Do you recognize Holden's girlfriend, Natalie? (Bridget's baby girl) Look how much she has grown! Do you see why I want her to be my daughter-in-law someday? How beautiful is she?! I thought she deserved a collage devoted entirely to her cuteness.

Susan goes all out when she hosts. She got out her good china and set us up in the dining room for our Avanti's lunch. Here's the whole group: (from left) Stacy, Bridget, Lisa, me, Heather, Susan, and Kara.
Party girls!
Gift time! Kara is expecting a little girl in April. I am sure she will be thrilled with the shot of her modeling her new pj's! I love my new hot pink slippers and my cute new shirt, Bridget! As you can see, I spent a lot of my day getting my baby fix with Natalie. I just miss that stage where they are so cuddly and like to sit in my lap. I think I am getting the "baby bug" again....

Merry Christmas to "my girls!"
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

the cunningham family said...

Looks like you had a great time with the girls. Natalie is getting so big! Kara is looking pregnant and I bet she did love her pjs! They are cute. Glad you had fun with the girls, it is nice to have some time away from the guys, isn't it! NOt that we don't love them, you know what I mean! :)