Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Living Room Blizzard

In case you are wondering what can happen when I step into the kitchen for 2 minutes to talk to my dad on the phone...


"Uh-oh! I'm caught!"

"I'm so glad Mommy was nice enough (and DUMB ENOUGH!) to bring home her extra movie theater popcorn for me!"
"It's a good thing Daddy just got done vacuuming the whole house after Mommy took the Christmas tree down today..."


..."and I'm REALLY lucky that he just left to pick up a late shift at work, because he wouldn't be as nice about this as Mommy is being!!!"

(I took these pictures before I tried to clean up...that was BEFORE I tried to use the vacuum hose and got popcorn stuck in it, BEFORE I panicked and called Memaw and Aunt Allison to come down and help me, BEFORE Memaw took the vacuum apart, took a toothbrush to the inside of it, and used a knife to remove kernels, and BEFORE I nearly passed out with relief when she got it working again. Needless to say, we picked the rest up by hand and just vacuumed the crumbs. And I will not be bringing home any more popcorn for Holden for quite awhile. Ironically enough, the movie Jay and I went to was "Marley and Me," and this living room scene could have been straight out of it!) =o)

I have Brady's 2nd birthday, Christmas at Granny's, and Holden exchanging gifts with his girlfriend Natalie and "Aunts" Kara and Bridget, but I think you can see why I didn't get around to posting them this evening. You can see a really cute video clip of Holden and Natalie "kissing" on Bridget's blog site, which is listed to the lower right of my blog. Holden is in bed now so I have at least 10 hours before the next fiasco....

P.S. His right eye looks droopy because he came down with a case of pink eye today. I felt horrible because we dropped him off at Brady's and spread his germs while we went to the movie. We had no clue until we picked him up and Kam commented that she'd put a wet washcloth on it because it was oozing out nasty crud. This popcorn incident happened right after I had put in his first set of eye drops, which as you can imagine did not go over well with a 21 month old. I swear he has revenge in his eyes....

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

the cunningham family said...

Ok...laughing out loud hysterically! I am sure if I would have brought home the popcorn bag, Cade would have done the exact same thing with it. Glad the vacuum is all better too! I loved the movie today, I cried a lot, it was so good. Jena and I parked right by your van...too bad about the coupons though. Guess there are more movies in our future!!! Hope Holden is feeling better and his eye clears up soon, that is no fun! :)

The Scott Family said...

I hope Holden feels better. It looks like it is not bothering him too much. I hope you don't get it Katie. It seems like you are always getting pink eye. I am glad you and Jay liked the movie. I will think of Holden next time I have movie popcorn. Hey at least he is eating! :)

Steph said...

So, I am cracking up right now!! I cannot believe that!!!!!!! :) These will be great tips for me later on...p.s. I LOVED the movie, too. I read the book, as well and loved it. I cried like a baby! There were parts I had to keep it in or I was going to actually sob! I went with my friend Anne, my mom and my 9 year old niece. She kept asking "Are you crying??" It was pretty cute. Anyway, how ironic this popcorn incident took place that night!