Friday, December 19, 2008

Hockey game and a SNOW DAY!

I woke up today feeling hungry and full of energy...the flu is gone! Woo hoo! To further my delight, school was cancelled due to some major ice that we got during the night and morning hours. It was my last day before break, so I'll have to go into my room sometime and get all of the Christmas decorations down, but I don't give a hoot today. =o) Holden has been wanting to use his new boots from Memaw, and as soon as he woke up today he started saying, "SNOW!" and "I GO OUTSIDE!" So we bundled up and headed out for a little while. It was very slippery, and the snow was a heavy, wet snow with all of the freezing rain we'd had. Holden could have cared less. He clomped around in his boots, had fun punching the snow with his mittens, and waved to anyone he saw. When his nose started getting red we headed in. I need one of those face masks for him! It was fun seeing him so excited. It's the simple things!


Last weekend we went to a Prairie Thunder hockey game with Grammy and Papa. (My parents.) Holden looks so serious in these pictures, but he was really happy and had a great time! He couldn't take his eyes off the players, and all the action. He loved dancing to the music, yelling "Go, go!" and clapping with everyone. Daddy introduced him to his first taste of Dip n' Dots, and as you can see it was a hit. =o) The only traumatizing experience was the mascot, Chip, who is a bull, and seeing Santa sitting in our section of seats. Let's just say we won't be going to Disney World anytime soon!!! We have a bit of character phobia at the moment. I need to scan his Santa picture from the mall so that you can see what I mean. He likes him in the books, but not so much in person!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

the cunningham family said...

What fun! I love him in the snow. I did enjoy the snow day however, I think I would have rather gone to school now instead of May! Oh well, it was fun, but oh, so COLD!