Saturday, December 27, 2008

Still keeping busy...

Whew! This is my last post for the evening. I can't believe that my first week of break is already over. There is just so much going on. I don't think we've had one day where we haven't gone someplace. Luckily, Holden loves getting out and seeing people. He's a real trooper!

Last night, we went to visit Jay's sister, Stacy, her husband, and their 6 fun, giggly, rambunctious kiddos. We haven't seen baby Cameron since she was newborn. It's amazing how quickly they grow! Holden was excited to play with all of his cousins and loved all of the attention he received. Right before we left, I realized we'd been so busy (imagine that with 7 kids in one place!) that I hadn't taken any pictures. So we got the usual crowded couch shot. I started this couch shot when Jay and I were dating, and it was just Kaitlin, Bradd, and Haley. Fast forward 8 years, add three more siblings and a cousin, and here you have it! I am always surprised that we somehow manage to fit them all into one shot. =o) Holden was ticked off that he had his coat and hat on, and equally ticked off that he was confined. In case you can't tell by the scowl.

Jay and I took Holden to dinner at Godfather's Pizza. It has a pizza buffet/salad bar and we can usually find something that even he will eat. Of course the night we picked was not one of the buffet nights. Good thing I had pretzels, fruit snacks, and goldfish in my bag! There is a ball pit and I don't know if Holden or Jay had more fun. What a good Daddy! (I sat trying not to cringe thinking about the germs/what might be lurking under the balls.) They did have a great time together. And I pulled out the hand sanitizer the second they were done.
Just some randoms from yesterday and today. Memaw and Pepaw got Holden the "horsey." He can interact with the TV by bouncing on it and pushing buttons. It has a really cool setup that teaches him colors, numbers, words, shapes, opposites, etc. He loves it! As you can see, he is still completely enamored with his grill. He cooked all kinds of things for me today, including cars and "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" book!? He loves playing "peek a boo" through the stairway railing. I never get tired of his little grin!


And the posts will continue...we went to Brady's 2nd birthday party today, and tomorrow after church we are heading to my Granny's place in Eureka. Stay tuned! Never a dull moment around here. (I think I may need a vacation from my vacation!)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

the cunningham family said...

We were looking at that zebra thing for Cade this year. Does he love it? It looks like a lot of fun! I can't keep up with everything you had to do over the first week of break. Did you have any down time at all? The baby is getting big, you are going to outgrow the couch with all of those kids at some point! Godfathers does clean the balls in the pit, so that does make me feel better, but I just don't know how often they do that! Colin loves to get in there too. Cade is just starting to go in places like that... I had to crawl into McDonald's playland to get him out though. That was lots of fun!