Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Famous Last Words...


Posted by Picasa

What, you may ask, do these items have in common? And why did I make a collage out of them? Well, they all have to do with my famous last words: "Just take one more bite." Of watermelon. Which is not in the collage but you all know what it looks like and what color it is. Holden followed my directions. All of this food was in his tummy. He gagged on the watermelon slice. All of these lovely, colorful items came back UP out of his stomach. He'd eaten two gogurts, three slices of bacon, some Pringles stix, more Cheetos than I cared to count, and a bag of fruit snacks. Oh yeah, and almost a full cup of Juicy Juice. Grape flavored. Did I mention he was sitting on my lap at the time? Oh...and that we were at the Children's Discovery Musuem??? Do you know what these items feel like when they are regurgitated and have sunk into your shoe? Landed on your purse? Slid down your legs? Coated on your child's clothes and your own shorts? I will never, ever tell him to "just take one more bite" again. A big thank you to Annie Cunningham and the Discovery Museum worker who helped me clean up. A big thank you to the 20 or so people that I passed leaving the museum who did not laugh at the fact that I was carrying my child out in nothing but a diaper. And a big thank you to the Crocs company for making washable shoes!!! So there was our morning in a nutshell. Oh yeah, and when we got home? Poor kid said, "Mommy, I wanna eat!" Of course you do, sweetheart. Your lunch is all over me instead of in your tummy. (I let him eat what he wanted and didn't tell him to take any more bites.)

2 comments:

the cunningham family said...

Cracking up outloud over this post! Colin was very concerned why Holden was naked and wouldn't let it go. He was so worried about him! Ahh, don't you just love motherhood? You never know what you are going to have to deal with! I will say...you were so very calm and collected...I am so impressed! I would have been gagging right along with the kid! :) Thanks for the laugh, the pictures added to my enjoyment! :)Poor Holden though, he really was enjoying his food today!

Steph said...

OMG! I can't believe that! I won't say it's funny! :-)