Friday, June 12, 2009

Summer cookout

I love summer! Long, lazy days playing outside, enjoying friends and family, and of course there are the cookouts. Part of my thoughts of summer always seem to revolve around FOOD! :) We went to our neighbors, the Polletts, last weekend for an impromptu cookout with a few of their close friends and their kids. It was a beautiful night, there was yummy food (and good drinks!), and the kids had a blast playing in the yard. What's that, you ask? Why, Katie, did you happen to get any pictures? Oh, you didn't ask? Because you already knew the answer to that one? Yes, I probably set another world record. But really, how could I not with subject matter like this:
My preppy little Holden hamming it up at home right before we left. I love his button down shirt! I have been gelling his hair up a lot because it has some crazy cowlicks that stick up regardless. He thinks he is hot stuff when I do. You'll notice his "strong man" pose in the bottom right shot. That is a Froot Loop in his mouth. He calls them "my Loops" and eats them like candy these days. Whatever I can get in him works for me! It is the second week of summer, and he is already tanner than me. So not fair.

A montage of the kiddos at the cookout. All were under the age of 4. From oldest to youngest, they are: Kylie Pollett, 8 months (in purple with the kissable chubby cheeks!), Ellie H, 13 months, (Stood for the first time that night! And guess who was ready with her camera?)Holden, 2, Isabella, also 2 (Blondie with the purple hat;her mom and I say she and Holden are long lost twins; they look a lot alike and are both picky eaters :), Brady Pollett, 2 and a half, and Addy H, who just turned 3. (The one with the cute little bob cut and the pink bow.) Are they adorable or what?


Holden and Brady, best buddies. They love playing in Brady's clubhouse together.


Cheetos time! Brady, Holden, and Addy were "sharing" a big bowl of Cheetos puffs, and it was hilarious watching them take turns grabbing the bowl, shoving fist fulls in their mouths, inspecting their bright orange hands, and then repeating the process.


Posted by Picasa
I think summer suits him. I take waaaay too many pictures of him, but I just think he's so stinkin' CUTE! I love his mischievous little grin, his shining brown eyes, his skinny minny body...basically, I just love my little boy!

The night ended with a dance off before bed. The radio was cranked up, and Brady, Holden, and Bella were busting some moves! Play that funky music, white boys...and girl. :)

Posted by Picasa

No comments: