Friday, June 5, 2009

A trip to the circus!

One of Jay's coworkers recently gave him three free tickets for the Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus in Peoria. We went to the evening show, and it was so much fun! I don't know who enjoyed it more; Jay and me, or Holden. I have never seen the kid sit that still (awake) for a 10 minute time period, let alone 2 and a half hours!! His eyes were just huge as he took everything in. There was so much to look at for me as an adult; I can only imagine what he was thinking as a small child! Technically, it was his second circus, as I took him to one with our neighbors when he was 1, but of course he doesn't remember that. This time, he really understood everything. He was so excited to see the elephants, "roars," (tigers) and the cool motorcycle stunts, among other things. He also made time to shovel in his favorite "kee-corn" (popcorn), a pretzel, and Sprite. When the show was over, he looked up at us and said, "Holden is very SAD! No more circus comin'!" It was so cute. I love that we are starting to be able to enjoy fun events with him.


Can you tell I love the elephants? I think they are so neat!

Holden LOVED the animals. He waved and yelled, "Hi, Roars! Hi doggies!" etc. He also yelled, "HELLO!" back at the ringmaster after he said, "Hello, ladies and gentlemen!" which made the people around us chuckle.

Posted by Picasa
This is when he was watching the tightrope act. He literally chewed on his fingers because he was so nervous! He kept saying, "Dey get hurt??" I tried to explain the net to him but I don't think he quite grasped the concept.
Posted by Picasa
I took quite a few video clips so that Holden could watch them later. The motorcycles in the steel cage were amazing! This was early on, but later they fit 7 in at once, and some were going upside down around the top and cutting across in front of others. There was no margin for error or they all would have crashed. The tiger and elephant acts were really neat, and I thought the trapeze artists were pretty impressive, too.






If you get a chance to check out their act in your area, I would highly recommend it! We can't wait to go again next year.

1 comment:

The Moser Fam... said...

That looks like so much fun! I think Ben would really love it. We'll have to look into when they'll be in our area. The video clips were neat to see too. Holden looks so cute checking everything out! :) (Glad to see you are back to posting!!)