Sunday, June 28, 2009

A trip to the Peoria zoo

We recently visited the Peoria zoo. They have a brand new Africa exhibit with lions, giraffes, rhinos, zebras, and other African animals. It is so cool! It rained on and off, so we were bummed that a lot of the big animals were inside. We could view them through a little window, but we will have to visit again to see them in the huge outdoor exhibits. Holden didn't know the difference and was fascinated with everything.

We saw all kinds of neat things. The warthog was so ugly, but her babies were so cute! They followed her closely and always wanted to hide under her belly. Holden loved the lions and the big, furry rabbit.


We were pleasantly surprised when we parked to notice Grammy and Papa's (my parents) car right by ours! We had them paged and enjoyed touring the zoo with them. Small world thing that we went on the same day without knowing it ahead of time!

I thought this sign was hysterical.

So I used to be totally appalled and horrified by those child leash things. While I don't think I could ever bring myself to use one...I now understand...as this is the view I had of my child most of the day...

This fake camel was the highlight of Holden's day. He threw a huge hissy fit when we made him get off! I love his little wave.

Runner-up was the dolphin in the kids' play area. He would seriously stand with his hands on his hips and glare at other children when they took a turn climbing on it. We are working on the whole sharing thing...

but I still think he's so cute! :)

76xa2ekitv (Ignore this #-it's a code I had to paste here in order to register for a blog tracker. Because I'm a dork and think things like blog trackers are cool!) :)

1 comment:

the cunningham family said...

Looks like a lot of fun over there. We will definitely have to make a trip over there! Glad it was fun and hope you had fun in St. Louis this past couple of days!