Saturday, June 6, 2009

Swim lessons!

Holden started swim lessons last week! There was an opening in his buddy, Brady's class at Happy Splashes. It is literally 5 minutes from our house, and I like that it is indoors because you don't have to depend on the weather. Plus it is heated so the water is nice and warm for the kids. The room is like an inferno in there though for those of us sitting on the sidelines! I was a little worried about how well he'd do without me but he has proven to do just fine on his own. He is becoming such a big boy. Parents are encouraged to sit on the sidelines so that the kids become familiar with the instructors and aren't dependant on us. The whole pool is deep, and the kids have to sit on the side and wait their turn. I was so proud of him as he sat there "criss-cross" applesauce, smiling away and playing with pool toys while he waited for his turn. I am really impressed with the program; Brady has been in it since February, and can swim across the pool with a kick board and no floaties and go underwater without fear. Pretty good for a 2 year old! Holden is just in the beginner's group, and really enjoys it so far. Here are some pictures and a video clip of my little fish!



Posted by Picasa
I think this picture is hilarious! Look at the little girl's face in the background! Apparently she does not like getting splashed and was worried about Holden's kicking. Brady is the one in the goggles laughing at her. :)

Posted by Picasa
I don't know why this video footage is so grainy; it looks fine on my camera but came up like this on the computer. You get the gist of it, though. :)

No comments: