Monday, July 7, 2008

Some Randoms

It is a rainy, dreary day here in Normal. Holden has some type of sore throat/cough virus and a bit of a temp, so we are having a laid-back day at home. Thought I'd post some random pics that hadn't made it in other posts yet.
Here is our little "Malibu Barbie," as he was referred to today by a very rude, annoying doctor who apparently thinks he shouldn't be so tan. She gave us a 15 minute lecture about damaged skin and skin cancer, despite my attempts to explain that I always load him with sunblock and he takes after Jay, with a darker skin tone. The kid has never had a burn in his life! (made us appreciate our regular doctor, who was off today, even more than we already do!) Yes, on our way out, she seriously said, (very sarcastically) "Bye bye, Malibu Barbie!" We chose to laugh about it....what can ya do?

Fast asleep 4th of July morning...I love his butt in the air and his little crossed feet!

Gee, THANKS, Jay, for giving him a giant sugar cookie on the way home from Walmart!

"Giving Daddy a hand" doing the dishes!


"Spike Hobson" =o) I've been trying some gel on him...what do you think?

Dancing to his kids' CD's.

Uh-oh, Tiggy, some one's getting taller! Looks like you're going to need a higher perch soon!

My view walking down the sidewalk. =o)


Holden and his buddy, Brady, driving the truck at the Discovery Museum.



I was cracking up at this...the museum has a Dr's area with those paddles that you see on ER where they say, "CLEAR!" and charge some one's heart. Only Holden, used to his Memaw and Pepaw's old-fashioned cord phone, thought he'd make a phone call on one of the paddles!


Holden loves the mirror tunnel!



Playing at the water table.



"Okay, Brady, you go that way, I'll go this way, and we'll see who gets more groceries!"



Driving solo

2 comments:

the cunningham family said...

Malibu Barbie..still can't get over that one. I will make sure not to go to that doctor! Thanks for the heads up! I love the gel in his hair, such a big boy! It is raining again today too. Not fun! Guess we need it! Love the ones of him at the museum. The truck is still Colin's favorite thing to do there. We will have to go soon!

Samantha said...

Hi Katie!
Yes, I definitely remember you, and I think I remember your husband from jr. high or high school also. What a blast from the past to get your comment on my blog! Isn't it such a small world? I'm sorry it took me so long to comment back on your blog. I've enjoyed seeing your cute little guy, and I can tell you guys enjoy parenthood just the same as we do. It is amazing, isn't it? How neat that you teach at Northpoint! I was a teacher too until I had Quinn. I'll keep checking your blog! Thanks again for commenting. (: Sam