Saturday, June 14, 2008

Happy Father's Day, Jay/Daddy!


Last but certainly not least of my numerous Father's Day posts goes to the number one man in Holden's life, his Daddy, Jay Hobson. When I married Jay, I knew he would be a wonderful husband as well as my best friend and "partner in crime." =o) We have so much fun together and are always laughing, which I think is crucial in a marriage, at least ours! Then Holden came along and I have been blown away by what an amazing Daddy Jay is. I have people tell me all the time that they can't believe how involved he is with Holden. I realize I do often take it for granted because that's just Jay! He bathes him, feeds him, plays with him, cares for him when he's sick, changes his diapers, teaches him knew things daily, showers him with hugs and kisses, makes up special nicknames for him, wipes away his tears and makes him dissolve into giggles, and loves him more than life itself. Holden loves being home with him on Mondays and Tuesdays during the school year. Jay carries him when he mows and vacuums, takes him down the slide at the pool, carries him around on his shoulders, buys him every single Cardinals thing known to mankind, and much, much more. I think you can tell a lot about a man by the type of father he is, and Jay definitely sets the bar high! I love you Jay and am so proud that you are my husband, my best friend, and my son's Daddy. Holden's first word was "Da da" and I know as soon as he can say "I love you," he will tell you that too. Happy Father's Day!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

The Moser Fam... said...

Awww...cute pictures of your husband and Holden. Looks like they have a pretty sweet relationship! I'm sure all of the dads in yoru life felt loved by all of the sweet posts about them.

By the way, to post two collages in one post...when you are in Picasa select both of the collages (or more...up to four at a time) and click "Blog this" at the bottom. It will upload them to your blog and you're good to go. :) :)

the cunningham family said...

I love all of the family pics of Holden and his special guys. It is so nice that most of them live close by and have the opportunity to form such special relationships with him. Jay is definitely an involved dad, I can vouch for that! Hope you had a great day today!